Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Customer Service Representative will ensure delivery of award winning customer service through timely and accurate processing of orders, communication and coordination with other departments to resolve inquiries. Build and maintain customer loyalty by providing prompt and efficient customer service excellence. The CSR will assist in seeking out pro-active selling opportunities to existing customers and develop new customers.
This position sits at the front desk, having receptionist responsibilities of answering and transferring calls for the office, as well as greeting visitors.
A SNAP SHOT OF RESPONSIBILITIES
- Converse and communicate with customers (external and internal).
- Receive process, verify and confirm customer orders via telephone, fax, email or EDI.
- Ensure accuracy of inputted order and evaluate alternate supply for discontinued product or backorders (possible substitutions) prior to releasing to the warehouse management system in light of maximized service and/or specific customer fill-rate requirements.
- Provide accurate information concerning product availability, order status, product specifications, technical advice, pricing and services as required and upon request from customers and outside sales team members.
- Courteously resolve customers' service, product or billing complaints by diplomatically performing activities such as exchanging merchandise or propose and issue credit notes.
- Approve returns and consider restocking charges when appropriate.
- Recommend improvements in products, packaging, shipping, service, or billing methods and procedures in order to prevent future problems.
- Manage Inter-Branch Stock Transfer Requests
- Solicit sale of new or additional services or products through proactive outbound calling to existing or prospective customers.
- Support outside sales team where needed and assist other teams as requested
- Provide follow-up for customer quotes and lost sales
- Participates in training opportunities to enhance and maintain personal and product knowledge.
- Gain familiarity with the day-to-day operations of the business and participates in improving operations by offering potential alternatives to existing methods
- Be fully cross-trained to cover reception when needed.
- Other tasks and responsibilities
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
Top Competencies Required
- External Facing Customer Service
- Sales Responsiveness and sense of urgency
- Good Problem-Solving ability
- High level of accountability and taking initiative
- Minimum high school leaving diploma
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in telephone customer service/inside sales support
- Experience within manufacturing, distribution or home building industries is strongly preferred
- Technical / mechanical aptitude to learn varied product lines
- Intermediate proficiency with MS Office suite
- Strong multi-tasking, organization and priority setting skills
- Accurate data entry skills with minimum typing speed of 40 wpm
- Proactively identifies customer needs
- Outgoing with an excellent and professional phone manner
- Strong Team player
Taymor welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
To apply please submit your resume to email@example.com .