Do you like doing a variety of accounting functions?
Do you possess the following competencies?
Then this might be the role for you!
- Has excellent well-rounded technical accounting knowledge
- Is good with business analysis/intelligence
- Applies critical thinking
- Is highly detail-oriented
Reporting to the Accounting & Administration Manager, the Staff Accountant will support the accounting department in all areas of accounting operations including Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, General Ledger and participates and supports in many company initiatives.
A SNAP SHOT OF RESPONSIBILITIES
- Records customer payments into the accounting system, ensuring appropriate classification. Reconciling and resolving any discrepancies.
- Processing payment discounts, adjustments and certain credits
- Assists with customer maintenance, collections as required
- Records vendor invoices into the accounting system. Reconciling and resolving discrepancies.
- Contacts vendors to resolve discrepancies and answer inquiries
- Review and process employee expense claims to ensure adherence to company policy and appropriate coding
- Reconciles and prepares monthly/quarterly/annual government remittances for sales and other taxes compliance reporting
- Review and process complex accounts payable items
- Monthly petty cash audit
- Assist with preparation of month end accruals and adjusting entries
* If you would like a full, detailed, standard job description with tasks, responsibilities and qualifications, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Job Description Request”.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- Post-secondary education in accounting or related field
- Minimum of 2+ years hands-on experience working with A/P, A/R & G/L
- Experience with an ERP system is an asset preferably SAGE X3
- Ability to identify problems and inconsistencies and work to resolve them
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills
- Flexibility to assist with various tasks within a team environment
- Able to multi-task and prioritize work effectively
Since 1948, Taymor has proudly designed and manufactured architectural hardware products of exceptional design, quality and value. From door and bath hardware to faucets and accessories, our comprehensive range allows you to harmonize design throughout the entire home and complete your projects seamlessly. Taymor signature bath collections and Premier Series locks are installed nationwide in multi-family residential developments, private residences and leading hotels and resorts. Family owned, with well-stocked distribution centers in San Francisco, Vancouver, and Toronto; we deliver clean and modern designs to the builder markets throughout North America.
Connect with us @TaymorDesign on Twitter, Pinterest, and Facebook for more information.
To apply please submit your resume to email@example.com.