Reporting to the Warehouse Manager or Operations Manager, the Warehouse Materials Handler II is primarily responsible for safely and efficiently picking the right product, in the right quantities, in saleable condition to meet customer order needs.
Using mobile equipment is responsible for ensuring the accurate, efficient performing of any task assigned to them relating to customers’ order expectations.
TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Picking orders from pallet racking by operating a Standup Order Picker forklift machine.
- Operate RF hand scanners to pick, sort and stack product on pallets in a manner that efficiently facilitates the packing and shipping of orders
- Operate RF scanner and order picker to perform cycle counts, recounts, small put aways, bin to bins
- Operate swing reach equipment to transport material to and from transportation vehicles and loading docks and to put away, replenish and retrieve materials in warehouses.
- Sort goods. Pack and unpack goods. Stack products on pallets.
- Load, unload, stack and move products and materials by hand or using material handling equipment.
- Be aware of and take note of potential quality issues with items being manipulated and report to Team Lead – Warehouse.
- Strictly follows safety policies and safe work methods. Promptly corrects or reports safety hazards or unsafe conditions.
- Ensures work area, including bin locations are free of debris and properly maintained
Other tasks and responsibilities
- Perform other activities, such as opening and unloading containers, assisting in taking inventory and weighing and checking materials.
- Looks for and recommends process improvement or efficiencies in their work flow or area.
- Any tasks required within the Warehouse Materials Handler I scope
- Provide aid building product models when required.
- General cleaning duties such as sweeping
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
Top Competencies Required
- Safety awareness
- Minimum high school leaving diploma or equivalency certificate
- Forklift certificate required
- Certification on standup order picking machines is an asset
- 1-year experience using order picker equipment
- Experience with RFID guns preferred
- Previous experience using narrow-aisle an asset
- Ability to speak, read and write English
- Basic proficiency in the use of hand tools
- Basic key punching and computer skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Able to stand all day and perform bending, crouching an kneeling
- Able to frequently move packages weighing up to 50lbs
- Strong attention to detail
- Positive attitude and strong team player
- Reliable and punctual
Taymor welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We offer a competitive salary based on experience as well as a comprehensive benefits package.
To apply please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.